Fleet management is the supervision of a businesses vehicle fleet. With excessive fuel prices, driver shortage and the need to comply with governing requirements, effective fleet management is extremely important. Businesses are implementing GPS based fleet management to control their fleets.A professional fleet management enables businesses and operation managers to manage and operate their fleet of vehicles better, cut down fuel expenditure, prevent exploitation of vehicles, responsiveness to clients and customer satisfaction.
It lets businesses which depend on transportation diminish the dangers associated with vehicle investment, improving efficiency, productivity and cutting their overall transportation costs.
Fleet management consists of a variety of functions which includes vehicle maintenance, vehicle financing, vehicle telematics (tracking and diagnostics), fuel management, driver management, speed management, and health and safety management.
1) Vehicle Maintenance – Fleet maintenance is an important part of fleet management but this is also the area where expenses add up fast.Numerous fleet management service providers also offer consumers specialised maintenance services for their fleet and fleet maintenance programs to fit customer needs, assisting the administrative inconveniencies of reviewing costs, maintenances and control expenses. Also helping the customer with preventative maintenance compliance, reducing downtime and handling maintenances. An appropriately kept fleet is an effective fleet.
2) Vehicle Telematics – Telematics imply to a remote communication technology which blends informatics and telecommunication, this technology usually works to offer a variety of advantages such as driver analysis, quickest route, GPS tracking, navigation and automatic reports of emergency accidents.Uniting technology with valuable data is the core of telematics.Businesses with commercial means of transportation employ telematics for improved business management, degrading fuel consumption by improving driver routes and decreasing idle time.
3) Driver Management–Manage drivers with the help of idle time reports, speeding signals and other fleet management means you can keep an eye on driving performances and elevate better driver efficiency and performance.Driver management is vital to all businesses that value road safety. Defensive driving guarantees the best security of businesses fleet, utmost safety for workers and also provides companies the assurance that their employees get the needed driving expertise.
4) Speed Management – Any business owner involved with fleet management understands that their drivers maintaining the speed limit is of the highest concern. Several vehicle tracking solutions offer correct speed reporting for each vehicle tracked. The top GPS solutions also contain alerting features which will report to the fleet manager as soon as a vehicle tops a set speed limit.
5) Safety Management – With the GPS fleet safety program you can avert upcoming accidents and make a safe driving culture.These solutions can notify drivers of possible accidents.